Host a Meetup
MEETING UP WITH LIKE-MINDED AMERICANS TO TAKE ACTION FOR DEMOCRACY IS EMPOWERING AND FUN
OUR CAUCUSES, COMMITTEES, PHONE BANKING TASK TEAM, HOST MEETUPs WITH OTHER DEMOCRATS view find out when BELOW OR if you are a member of democrats abroad BUT YOU CAN ORGANIZE YOUR OWN, FIND OUT HOW HERE
Our In-Person Meet ups are on hold
Future meet up event information will appear here to meet other members and take action together.
How to Organize Your Own or With a Group
1. Find a location
Look for a restaurant, cafe or other public space that isn’t too noisy or too distracting. Contact the space owners and arrange reservations for the number you expect. Check to see if it is possible to expand your reservation in case your event grows larger than expected.
You can also invite fellow members to your home and plan a BYOB to make it fun.
2. Prepare your materials
– Bring/Collect enough paper and envelopes or postcards, colors, pens, pencils to provide for each person.
– Consider printing a few sample letters, these are updated each week.
– Consider asking a friend or another member to co-host with you to help
3. Advertise your event
– Invite your friends, ask them to invite theirs.
– Set up an event page on Facebook
-Get in touch with DA about inviting local Dems Abroad members
Still have questions? Contact us!
Ready to join DAUK?
We strive to provide Americans abroad a Democratic voice in our government and elect Democratic candidates by mobilizing the overseas vote. Join the DAUK Chapter.