While we can’t physically “drive people to the polls”, we can help them get their ballots back! In the remaining, weeks, days, hours all the way up to Election Day on November 8th, we will be working to expand the overseas margin of victory and you can help! Every minute you give will help us keep Congress and increase our Senate majority.
- Be a Voting Champion! Make sure every American in your contacts has sent back their ballots. Here’s a link to the toolkit with sample messages.
- Promote Zoom voter help: Know any Americans with any problems voting? We can help! Trained voting assistance volunteers on Zoom every Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Here the link: https://qrco.de/bbh0zg
- Phonebank from home or come to the Campaign Office in London every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday now til Election Day. Sign up here at on our Sign Up Genius link.
- Register voters in person or hand out VFA cards….anywhere there is a concentration of Americans…farmers markets, events with American audiences, etc. Sign-up here. Have an idea where to go? Let us know.
Ideas? Questions? Email: [email protected]
What’s happening this week…
Every Tuesday & Thursday from 5pm – 9pm and every Sunday from 4pm – 8pm, we will get-out-the-vote together…phonebanking, postcarding, voter assistance and being a voting champion! Come along and take action! Interested? Sign up here on our Sign Up Genius link. Questions, email: [email protected]. FREE FOOD!
Scroll down to see the links you need for phonebanking! Then join a Zoom or in-person call together to get real time training.
Pop-Up Campaign Office for Phonebanking
Our Pop-Up Campaign Office will include the chance to phonebank in person! Bring your laptop or tablet and some headphones and let’s phonebank together…. Sign up here!
Come join the DAUK Oxford Chapter to phonebank for the midterm elections! We’ll be meeting every week at venues across Oxford. RSVP to let us know you’re coming, and to receive the address by email the day before. All are welcome! RSVP via DAUK event page: https://www.democratsabroad.org/uk-oxford_events
Want to get a chance to call together? Even if you can only spare 15 minutes, please drop by. Every Tuesday from 6 – 8:30. No RSVP. Folks are welcome to drop in. These will now coincide with the London campaign office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. See calendar for Zoom link.
If interested in joining the phonebankers email list to get regular updates or join our WhatsApp group, email [email protected]
What do you need to do to become a phonebanker?
- Sign Up: Go to www.democratsabroad.org/phonebanking_signup & set up your Callhub account.
- Get trained: See resources below for self-guided learning.
- Take Short Quiz: Go back to www.democratsabroad.org/phonebanking_signup & take the short open-book review quiz. (Our training slides are the “open book” – there’s a “Q” on the top of each slide that’s on the quiz!) You can take the quiz multiple times. Here is the direct link to the quiz.
- Practice Calls (optional, but recommended): Log in to CallHub & practice making calls on a “Practice Campaign”. Make as many or few calls as you’d like; enough to help you feel more comfortable with the process. If you don’t see “Practice” campaigns on CallHub, please let us know ASAP @ [email protected]!
- Begin Phonebanking to DA members to help them vote! When you’re ready, join a current, live phonebanking campaign (any campaign NOT entitled “Practice”)!
Phonebanking Resources for Self-Guided Learning
Here are some resources if you want to get started now
- DAUK Training Slides: Click here to see our current phonebanking training slides. Includes phonebanking training — as well as a review of the overseas voting process, the 2022 Midterms, and DAUK-specific events.
- 2022 Phonebanking Training video: A video of the nuts & bolts of the phonebanking process (a version of the phonebanking training slides included in the DAUK Training slides linked to above). 49 mins.
- Democrats Abroad Global Phonebanking resource page (Links to current scripts, instructions, training videos, and more)
- CallHub: Direct link to CallHub login screen (https://app.callhub.io/login/ )
- DA CallHub help desk: If you have Call Hub problems (setting up your account, signing in, or other tech issues), please email [email protected].
VOTER REGISTRATION & VOTER ASSISTANCE
In Person Drives
Staff a Voter Registration Drive! We are helping at study abroad programs, workplaces, UK universities, clubs–wherever there are Americans. No experience necessary! Sign-up here. Scroll to find a date you can do.
Voter Registration Training
Any questions, email [email protected]
US Citizen living overseas? Vote from Abroad in 2020! We welcome all members and non-members