Democrats Abroad UK (DAUK) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
DAUK collects the data detailed below when you visit our website. On our website, we also use photographs of individuals taken at our DAUK events. Please do contact us if you would like your image removed.
1. Processing Personal Data
The following explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
We process your data based on legitimate interests:
- Website functionality may require us to store a small amount of website activity information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect, such as remembering your preferences.
- Enquiring about DAUK and its work by contacting DAUK and/or its committees, caucuses, chapters and regions through email which may provide us with your name, email contact information and a message, and it will be necessary for DAUK to securely process and store this information in order to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.
2. Data Usage
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out above.
For example, we may use your personal information to reply to enquiries you send to us through email or through provided links to email addresses of Committees, Caucuses, Chapters and Regions.
3. Sharing Your Data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
- we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
- we are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
We do, however, provide links to third party websites that may collect data. Three websites that may collect data:
4. Data Security and Retention
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Your personal information will be retained by us for the duration of your use or access to our services and may be retained for a period after this time as necessary and relevant to our legitimate operations, our terms with you and in accordance with applicable laws and obligations.
5. Your Data Rights
Our website features images from DAUK events, if you would like us to take down any personally identifiable images, please do contact us about removing your image: [email protected]
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our emails).
- You can change your membership contact information through the Democrats Abroad website: https://democratsabroad.nationbuilder.com/login
- You can unsubscribe from Democrats Abroad mailing lists here: https://democratsabroad.org/unsubscribe
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
6. Cookies & Tracking Usage
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
Where cookies are used to collect personal data, we list these purposes in section 1 above, along with other personal data that we collect.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Links to other organizations or publications do not constitute endorsement or approval of their products, services or opinions nor imply association with the Democratic Party or Democrats Abroad UK. Democrats Abroad UK is not responsible for the polices or contents of external third party websites.
Use of information:
Content provided on this site is solely as a service for convenience and informational purposes only. Opinions expressed on this site do not constitute approval by Democrats Abroad UK, Democrats Abroad or the Democratic Party of the United States.
Other non-DAUK Events:
The listing of an event hosted by non-DAUK organizations implies neither endorsement of its content or policies nor any association with the Democratic Party or Democrats Abroad UK. Listing of an event is not intended as a promotion, rather as an information service.