Americans abroad face tax discrimination due to the United States’ unique citizenship based tax system.
Our committee exists to educate DAUK members about their tax obligations and to empower activists voices to change US tax law.
Specifically, we campaign to:
- pass Residency Based Taxation (RBT)
- pass same country exception for FATCA
- set up a Commission for Americans Living Abroad
- repeal the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP)
- exempt American business owners abroad from the Transition & GILTI tax