Economic inequality and poverty
- Inequality for All (2013). Film Night. Robert Reich dissects the widening income gap and whether the consolidation of wealth by a few is a threat not only to economic recovery and growth and the viability of the USA middle class, but also to our democracy itself.
- Two American Families (2013) Film Night. Bill Moyers examines the impact of economic change over the twenty year period 1993 –2013 on two American ‘middle class’ families in the declining industrial city of Milwaukee.
- Dolores (2018) Film Night While this film covers the full range of Dolores Huerta’s campaigns and activism, a major focus is on her work organizing farm workers, the working conditions farm workers faced, and the struggles to build the United Farm Workers of America union.
The US economic system
- Capitalism: A Love Story Official Trailer (2009). Michael Moore.
- We’re Not Broke (2012). An expose of how and why corporations have been able to avoid paying taxes and the impact on public finances. John Anderson in Variety called it “A well-researched, brightly presented provocative argument.” See Briefing Notes from the Film Night.
The 2008 Financial Crisis
Inside Job Official Trailer (2010) Charles Ferguson. About the 2008 financial meltdown.
The Flaw Official Trailer.