In order to comply with gender balance rules, each candidate for Chair, Vice Chair, DPCA Voting Representative or DPCA Non Voting Representative will be asked to specify their gender as either female, male, non-binary or Other (with free text entry allowing self definition).
The elections for the offices of Secretary, Treasurer, Executive Committee and the Council do not have any gender balance requirement.
In the case of Chair and Vice Chair – the only requirement is that the two positions are held by people with different genders. Eligibility for Vice-Chair, as in previous years, will rely on the gender of the winner of the election for DAUK Chair.
The DPCA Voting and Non Voting Representative elections will appoint the candidates with the highest number of votes (in successive rounds if required) while also satisfying gender balance in the elected members.
That interpretation will rely on:
- The number of DPCA candidates set out for DAUK after the 2021 membership count and whether that is an even or uneven number
- The number of DPCA candidates that declare a non binary gender
- What gender the Chair and Vice Chair are, as they are automatically DPCA representatives
- An exact balance of male and female members of the DPCA voting and non-voting representatives can only be exceeded by one.
- Non-binary candidates may be elected in any number up to the total number of Voting Representatives to be elected.
Any identification of gender made in good faith shall be taken to be accurate.
Any representation of someone’s gender identity shall be presumed to be made in good faith.