Fellow volunteers, our preparation for 2022 and 2024 must begin now. As the largest country committee in Democrats Abroad, DAUK’s votes contribute substantially to the Democratic margin of victory. DAUK’s performance and leadership have been outstanding, but we can do even better and grow our votes from every corner of the country.
We must continue to work with Democrats Abroad to increase DAUK’s impact as a cornerstone of the global organization.
To accomplish these goals, DAUK requires experienced national and global leaders and a Chair with the vision to lead a wide coalition to victory.
As Chair, I will work with the ExCom in the first 60 days producing a strategy to turn out every vote, including:
- Deepening membership in our existing regions;
- Broadening into new territories across the U.K.;
- Empowering our world-class get-out-the-vote (GOTV) and phonebanking teams;
- Accelerating the work of our critical voter protection team;
- Expanding our efforts to influence US policy affecting Americans abroad
Our coalition will work to unite DAUK to become even more effective by:
- Integrating our internal and external communication channels;
- Strengthening our sense of community throughout the regions and groups;
- Building on our Diversity & Inclusion efforts;
- Ensuring that DAUK technology, finance and compliance systems are battle-ready;
- Committing to transparent DAUK governance and processes
My leadership track record:
- Elected in 2019 with the highest/second-highest number of votes as DAUK Executive
- Committee member and DPCA Voting Representative on a platform of unity and action;
- Appointed Vice Chair of the 2020 DA Global Platform committee by the Global Chair
- A key organiser of the most progressive and professional Platform to date, working
- with Country Committee chairs, Global Caucus leaders and policy experts
- Introduced the first Platform Diversity & Inclusion editorial panel;
- Drafted the Inclusive Economics plank;
- Launched the DAUK quarterly leadership meetings in 2019 to bring Committee and Caucus
- leaders together with ExCom, to set shared strategy and goals;
- Organized the 2018 Blue Wave Bootcamp to unify and energize DAUK membership:
- Recruited new members for midterms GOTV;
- Engaged all committees and caucuses to showcase DAUK’s talent, passion and
- Served as Co-Chair and then Chair of the Policy Network & Resolutions Committee:
- Mentored numerous emerging young leaders across DAUK.
In the daytime, I am Lead Cross-Asset Strategist of a major asset management company, with 28 years of work experience across three continents. I have led major change initiatives throughout this time, including a 15-year track record of building Diversity & Inclusion at my places of work.
We are at a pivotal moment for DAUK, the Democratic Party and our country.
I ask that you place your confidence in me as your DAUK Chair, and in our coalition to fulfil DAUK’s potential.
Together, we can grow.
Together, we will better the lives of all Americans at home and abroad.
For the last four years we had a single mission: Get Trump out. We did it! During a once-in-a-century pandemic, we came together to vote in unprecedented numbers. But the 21st-century has a cautionary tale; this is no time for complacency. We must pursue a better future for every American.
As DAUK Chair, I will build on our success in 2020 and support new initiatives to get us ready for the 2022 midterms, winning more seats in the Senate and shoring up the House. To do this we need to increase our membership. We also need to engage our existing members better by offering clear pathways to volunteer, learn about issues they care about, and feel a sense of community. Early on in my work in DAUK I learned that making a member feel they are part of something that matters makes them more likely to vote.
As Oxford chapter vice-chair and chair, I led a team to conduct outreach to students and academic departments, resulting in a 50% increase in membership during my tenure. I also expanded our events calendar of films, debate watches, and action nights, and organized talks with politicians and experts on civil liberties and the environment. I planned and managed our last in-person event, a two-day Global Presidential Primary, where over 400 members cast their vote.
In 2020, the pandemic forced DAUK to throw away the old playbook and write a new one. DAUK moved online, and I seized this opportunity to include members from across the country. I reshaped our phonebanking efforts, launching campaigns earlier, and conducting training and support entirely virtually. With Stan Musgrave and Laura Mosedale, I developed a campaign strategy, and analyzed results. Thanks to our volunteers we reached swing voters before the fall and our approach served as a model for Democrats Abroad’s launch of a global CallHub Committee.
As DAUK Secretary I re-launched our efforts to reach our members through local groups. With David Wenk and Caroline Ruchonnet, I created a plan to kickstart new groups, and provide ongoing support. I’m delighted that we now have seven thriving regional groups across the UK.
COVID-19 meant that we had to improvise in 2020. I will work with leaders to keep the best of what we invented while encouraging new ideas. Team Nicole will improve our leadership pipeline, strengthen our communications, and build the inclusive and diverse multiracial, multiethnic, and multigenerational membership we believe in and need going forward. As we emerge from the pandemic, we can build back better.
I am ready to go on day one, with an understanding of our organizational strengths and weaknesses. I will work tirelessly to bring our membership together to confront the new challenges facing us. As we have proven, we can deliver victories in key races so that Democrats have the best chance of enacting policies to improve Americans’ lives. With Team Nicole, DAUK will make an even bigger impact in the 2022 midterms and future elections. Please visit www.TeamNicole21.com.